I love the simplicity of this recipe, and the way a little ground cumin can transform these sweet root vegetables into much more of a celebration of Southwest flavors. Make sure your spices are fresh — any jars that have been sitting in your pantry for more than about six months should be replaced with more fragrant and flavorful spices.
• 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
3. On prepared baking sheet, toss sweet potato with oil, cumin and salt. Spread out in an even layer. Roast 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender and slightly crisp on the edges, turning every 15 minutes to avoid sticking or burning. Season with additional salt if desired. Makes about 6-1⁄2 cups.