My family loves this hearty salad for dinner. It can feed two as a main course; if you’re feeding more, double the recipe.
Cold Asian Noodles Recipe with Smoked Salmon
• 8 ounces rice noodles
• 3 to 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into strips
• 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
• 4 ounces smoked salmon, sliced (try to get salmon with no nitrites, preservatives or added colors)
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions, or bring a pot of water to a boil, add noodles, turn off burner, and let them cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Whisk together teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. When noodles are finished, rinse them with cold water and toss with the dressing.
3. In a large serving bowl, combine noodles with cucumber, yellow pepper and salmon. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve chilled. Serves 2
Substitutions: Try cooked chicken instead of salmon, and radishes or carrots in place of yellow pepper.
Healthy Tidbit: Salmon is a wonderful source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, which makes it ideal for the anti-inflammatory diet. Wild-caught salmon offers the highest content of essential fatty acids.
Find more recipes and learn managing inflammation in Prevent Illness with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet.
Adapted from The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book: Protect Yourself and Your Family from Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies—and More by Jessica K. Black. Black’s book contains 125 delicious recipes, plus research supporting her recommended dietary choices.