These Whole-Wheat Coconut Brownies are made with nutrient-packed coconut oil.
Learn more about coconut oil in The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil.
This recipe makes 16 whole-wheat brownies, each containing half a tablespoon of coconut oil.
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup sugar or coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
• 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend coconut oil (not hot) and eggs together.
3. Mix in sugar and vanilla and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
5. Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Stir in pecans and coconut.
6. Pour batter into a greased 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Cool to room temperature and cut into 16 squares.
Bruce Fife is a naturopathic doctor, the author of The Coconut Oil Miracle (Avery, 2013) and founder of the online Coconut Research Center.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE