Alkaline Cleanse (Sterling Epicure, 2016) by Natasha Corrett helps readers ditch processed and sugary foods for good! Included are four different cleansing plans from a weekend of juices and smoothies all the way to a 28 day life changing cleanse. All the dishes included avoid acid-causing meats, dairy, wheat and refined sugar. Corrett's goal is to help readers nourish naturally and get rid of toxins in no time!
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Alkaline Cleanse.
This wonderfully cleansing dish is incredibly alkalizing too – which is such a bonus! I love the creaminess of the avocado dressing here, it really transforms a few humble ingredients into a delicious meal.
• 2-3 carrots, spiralized
• 2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon sweet miso
• 1 small clove garlic, grated
• A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
• 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup cilantro, chopped
• 2/3 cup pea shoots
• Tamari toasted seeds
• Finely grated zest of 1 lime
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil
2. Put the avocados, lemon juice, sweet miso, garlic, and salt in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour this dressing over the carrot “noodles” and mix in – using your hands is best I find – then stir in the red onion and cilantro.
4. Divide the pea shoots between 2 plates, add a pile of the “noodles” on top, garnish with the tamari-toasted pumpkin seeds and lime zest, and drizzle the pumpkin oil over the top.
More from Alkaline Cleanse:• Carrot and Lime Soup Recipe
• Sweet Potato and Fennel Seed Rosti Recipe
• Spicy Tofu Balls Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Alkaline Cleanse by Natasha Corrett and published by Sterling Epicure, 2016. Photos by Lisa Linder. Buy this book from our store: Alkaline Cleanse.