Carrots produce falcarinol, which studies suggest may reduce cancer risk. They are also known to slow aging and make skin appear healthier. This may the best and creamiest carrot soup you’ve ever tasted.
• 2 large yellow onions, chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, plus more to taste
• 10 large organic carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pices
• 6 cups chicken broth or roasted vegetable broth
• 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
• 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
• Sea salt, to taste
2. Add carrots and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add ginger. Cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to blender, add juice, and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add salt, to taste.
4. Return soup to pot if you’d like to warm it slightly before serving. Or pour into a glass container and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.