Try this Basil Butter recipe, a healthy, tasty spin on traditional butter.
Basil butter is best served over fresh warm bread.
This recipe combines the many health benefits of coconut oil (fat-burning, thyroid-balancing and infection-killing) and flax oil (liver-boosting, lymph-cleansing and anti-inflammatory) with the beneficial properties of basil. Serve this flavored butter on warm bread or just-cooked vegetables. It’s simple to make and keeps well in the fridge. Learn more about the uses and health benefits of basil in Growing Basil: From Harvesting to Using.
• 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
• 1/2 cup organic cold-pressed flax seed oil
• 1 large handful fresh basil, finely chopped
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, liquefy coconut oil. Immediately remove from heat and add flax seed oil, stirring until well mixed.
2. Stir in basil.
3. Pour into a glass container with a lid and refrigerate until firm. Cover.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Makes about 1 cup.
Adapted with permission from the book Weekend Wonder Detox by Michelle Schoffro Cook.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE