This simple garlic pasta recipe keeps things quick and simple for an easy weeknight dinner.
Simple pasta with garlic, oil, pepper flakes and herbs makes a rustic Italian meal.
Photo By iStock
Italians eat pasta flavored with garlic, parsley and hot pepper in a number of ways, adding things like fresh tomatoes, anchovies or Manila clams depending on availability. This version keeps things quick and simple for an easy weeknight dinner. Once you get used to making this dish, you’ll find it easy to customize with ingredients you have on hand. For more garlic recipes, read the original article, Garlic Goodness: Recipes and Growing Tips.
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 pound cooked pasta of your choice (reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water)
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1-1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
• 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or other herbs of your choosing)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds while stirring, making sure it doesn’t brown.
3. Add pasta water, red pepper, salt and parsley, and bring to a boil. Toss with cooked pasta.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE