Photo by Alan Benson and Suzanna Boyd
Fruit shakes, or ‘Sinh to’, are outrageously popular in Vietnam. There are dedicated streets just for Sinh to vendors. When in Vietnam, I have a fruit shake every day. Sinh to varieties include jackfruit, avocado, mango, dragon fruit, papaya, strawberry, banana and more. Condensed milk is the key though.
- 1 dragon fruit, peeled and sliced
- 135 g (5 oz/1 cup) crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 20 seconds, or until the ice has dissolved.
- Serve in tall glasses.
More from The Food of Vietnam:
- Mai Chau ‘Armpit Pig’ Roasted on a Spit
- Mango Panna Cotta with Watermelon, Pineapple & Mint Salsa
- Vietnamese Coffee Tart With Fresh Pomegranate
Recipes excerpted with permission from The Food of Vietnam by Luke Nguyen, published by Hardie Grant Books, October 2013, RRP $50.00.