Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Cherry Compote
6 ramekins (6 ounces each)
Vegetable oil spray
1 1?2 teaspoons gelatin
2 tablespoons water
1 cup cream
1?2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk
1. Spray ramekins with oil.
2. Soak gelatin with water in a bowl to soften.
3. Heat cream, sugar, zest and vanilla extract, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to just boiling.
4. Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
5. Stir in buttermilk.
6. Divide into ramekins and cool until firm.
7. To remove, set ramekin in a warm water bath and run a knife around edge.
8. Turn upside down onto plate and serve with cherry compote.
1 pound cherries
1?3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1?2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
1?2 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Remove stems and seeds from cherries.
2. Combine cherries, sugar and ginger with 1 tablespoon water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
3. Combine remaining water and cornstarch.
4. Add slurry to pan and return to boil.
5. Simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6. Remove from heat and cool.
Wine pairing: Meditrina
A blend of Pinot Noir, Syrah and Zinfandel, Sokol Blosser Meditrina has rich, lush berry notes. Sokol Blosser Meditrina’s spice and structure, along with earthiness and elegance, make it a great match for the tart and sweet ginger cherry compote on this dish. $15