From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making — 100 Holiday Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons (Mango Publishing, 2017) includes 60 recipes, bonus designs, and 40 DIY ideas that will tie your home together for all 365 days of the year.
Spice bags infuse cool weather beverages with profound flavor. From wine to cider, they have a delicious impact on all kinds of drinks.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 mulling spice bag
Items you will need
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 2 (3- to 3 1/2-inches-each) cinnamon sticks
- 3 (3-by-1-inch) orange rind strips
- 5-inch square of cheesecloth
- Cotton string
- Place spices and orange rind in the center of the cheesecloth.
- Gather the edges and tie with cotton string.
- When ready to use, add spice bag to wine, cider, etc. and heat until well blended.
- Remove bag before serving.
The spice bags are easy to put together and make excellent gifts. Package them with either wine or cider for a seasonal gift that anyone would like to receive.
For more from Cooking, Baking, and Making visit:
Excerpted from Cooking, Baking, and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons © 2018 by Cynthia O’Hara. Published by Mango Publishing.