Makes about 20 skewers (about $1.10 per serving)
My family and I made 100 of these for a 50th anniversary party. It was a lot of fun. We just kept passing the skewer around the table; each person skewered their item and passed it on.
• 9 ounces fresh tortellini
• 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1-ounce package pepperoni
• 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke quarters, drained
• 6 ounces ripe olives, drained
• 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into chunks
• Italian Dressing (recipe below)
1. Cook tortellini according to package instructions, then rinse in cold water and drain.
2. Arrange first 6 ingredients on skewers. Place in a shallow baking dish; drizzle with Italian Dressing. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
• 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or basil-infused vinegar
• 1⁄3 cup olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
• Salt and pepper too taste
1. Whisk together all ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes.
Donna Frawley, owner of Frawley’s Fine Herbary (www.frawleysfineherbary.com), has written two cookbooks: The Herbal Breads Cookbook (Frawley’s Fine Herbary, 1994) and The Edible Flowers Book (Frawley’s Fine Herbary, 2004).
Click here for the main article, Pasta Party: Make Homemade Pasta.