The flavor of this jam is concentrated and delicious, and the color is a good violet-purple (if you use purple violets). Served on toast with tea, it soothes nerves frayed from battling terrorists in the garden. How could anyone hate a plant so well dressed and so tasty?
- 1 cup violet blossoms, tightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package powdered pectin
1. Place the violet blossoms in a blender or food processor. Add 3/4 cup water and the lemon juice. Blend the violets to a coarse paste, then add the sugar and blend until dissolved.
2. In a saucepan, heat the remaining 3/4 cup water, then stir in the pectin. Boil hard for 1 minute. Add the pectin-water mixture to the blender, and mix for about 1 minute. Pour the jam into small jars and seal. Store in the freezer.
Click here for the original article,Down to Earth.