This Cantaloupe Basil Salsa recipe is perfect to pair with meats or as a dip with tortilla chips.
This homemade Cantaloupe Basil Salsa recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat.
Juicy cantaloupe makes a refreshing salsa for grilled chicken or fish. For a milder salsa, discard pepper seeds.
• 2 cups diced cantaloupe
• 2 spring onions, diced fine
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
• 1 hot green chile, such as serrano or Thai, diced
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Toss together all ingredients in a bowl and let stand, covered and chilled, until ready to serve.
Jim Long lives and works in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. His newest book, Sensational Salsas, is available through Long Creek Herbs
(www.longcreekherbs.com). Order it by calling (417) 779-5450.
Read more about how to make fresh salsa: Homemade Salsa Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE