This Banana Salsa recipe is perfect to pair with meats or as a dip with tortilla chips.
This homemade Banana Salsa recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat.
This may not sound good, but it’s one of the favorites in my salsa workshops for herb groups. You’ll be surprised how much your guests enjoy this with chips or generously topping grilled fish for a main course.
• 2 not-fully-ripe bananas, diced
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 habanero pepper, seeds removed, diced fine
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt, optional
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and gently toss to mix.
2. Correct seasonings, adding salt, lime juice or sugar, to taste. The salsa should be a little sweet and a little sour.
3. Best when served a couple of hours after making. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.