This homemade Apple Salsa recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat.
Serve this as a side dish with a holiday meal, baked chicken, to top grilled chicken sandwiches or as a dip for chips.
• 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
• 4 ounces chopped canned green chilies (or 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced)
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
• Dash salt, optional
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
Jim Long lives and works in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. His newest book, Sensational Salsas, is available through Long Creek Herbs
(www.longcreekherbs.com). Order it by calling (417) 779-5450.
Read more about how to make fresh salsa: Homemade Salsa Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE