From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making — 100 Holiday Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons (Mango Publishing, 2017) includes 60 recipes, bonus designs, and 40 DIY ideas that will tie your home together for all 365 days of the year.
Ideal for indoor or outdoor entertaining, this easy-to-make trivet is as pretty as it is practical.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Stand time: 4 hours
Makes 1 trivet
Items you will need
- 7-by-7-by-0.5-inch cork board tile
- Black paint
- Foam or paint brush
- Stones with flat bottoms
- Permanent craft adhesive, such as E6000
- Paint top and sides of cork with paint.
- Let stand until dry, about 2 hours.
- Arrange stones decoratively on cork.
- Glue each stone individually onto cork.
- Let stand until completely dry, about 2 hours.
Take a walk in the woods on a spring afternoon and look in streams for unique stones to make this trivet. You can also buy stones at dollar stores.
For more from Cooking, Baking, and Making visit:
Excerpted from Cooking, Baking, and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons © 2018 by Cynthia O'Hara. Published by Mango Publishing.