With these instructions for an herbal sleep pillow, you'll be on your way to a better night's sleep in no time.
1. Cut a fabric piece 12 inches square for the pillow front. Cut two 9-by-12-inch pieces for the back.
2. Fold under 1/4 inch, then 3/4 inch on a long side of each back piece; hem.
3. Right sides together, lay the back pieces on the front, overlapping hems. Stitch together.
4. Sew together two 12-inch muslin squares, leaving an opening on one side. Turn right side out.
5. Fill the muslin insert with dried sedative herbs: lavender, hops, marjoram, rose petals, thyme, rosemary, peppermint, lemon-scented herbs or chamomile. Sew opening shut. Tuck the insert into the outer pillow. When the fragrance fades, refill the insert with new herbs.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE