Makes about 1 cup
This zucchini salad dressing is thick, tangy and clings well to salad greens.
• 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
• 2 tablespoons buttermilk
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients until the mixture is nearly smooth.
2. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for as long as a week.
—Angela Biggin, Lyons, Illinois
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE