This pomegranate-apple cider is the perfect warming drink for keeping you warm on a chilly day.
The herb trio in this mulled cider perfectly complements the pomegranate juice. You may use 2 cups of brewed black tea or apple cider—or a combination of both. MAKES 2 TO 4 SERVINGS OF MULLED POMEGRANATE-APPLE CIDER.
• 2 cups pomegranate juice
• 2 cups apple cider OR 2 cups brewed black tea
• 2 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary OR 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 to 2 thyme sprigs OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 to 3 bay leaves
• 1 cinnamon stick OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a large nonreactive pot.
2. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or longer, stirring as needed.
3. Strain and serve warm in mugs.
Letitia L. Star is a freelance writer and recipe developer who frequently contributes to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, Warm Up with Winter Drinks.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE