This elderberry-ginger tea is perfect for keeping you warm on a chilly day.
Delicious elderberry has many medicinal properties that make it a perfect addition to warming drinks.
You can create this nurturing, appealing ginger tea with warming herbs in a flash. MAKES 1 TO 2 SERVINGS OF ELDERBERRY-GINGER TEA.
• 2 cups water
• 2 tea bags (black or green) OR 2 tablespoons loose tea
• 2 tablespoons dried elderberries
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger OR 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1. In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat and steep for at least 5 minutes.
2. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer. Serve this soothing tea warm in mugs or teacups.
Letitia L. Star is a freelance writer and recipe developer who frequently contributes to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, Warm Up with Winter Drinks.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE