Use this blend in stir-fries with a bit of lemon juice or on any cooked vegetables, such as carrots, green beans or snow peas.
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- 1½ teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1½ teaspoons dried red bell pepper flakes
Erica Levy Klein, who lives in Princeton Junction, New Jersey, is the author of a series of low-calorie cookbooks, including Skinny Sauces, Skinny Chicken, and Skinny Spices (Chicago, Illinois: Surrey Books, 1993). The recipes in this article are adapted from the last, which includes fifty recipes for homemade blends.
Click here for the original article, Hold the Salt.