• 2 lemons, quartered
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 8 thyme sprigs
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (2-pound) pork loin roast
1. Place first 6 ingredients in a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag, and squeeze bag to combine. Add roast; seal bag and rub bag to blend flavors. Chill 3 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove roast from marinade, discarding marinade. Place roast in an aluminum foil-lined 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 15 additional minutes. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before slicing.
Caleb Melchior grows unusual herbs and perennials at Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is also studying for a Master of Landscape Architecture degree at Kansas State University.
Click here for the main article, Befriending Tenacious Thyme.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE