• 2 apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Core apples and cut each into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add apple rings and cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add thyme, cover and cook over low heat 3 minutes, or until apples are soft. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Caleb Melchior grows unusual herbs and perennials at Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is also studying for a Master of Landscape Architecture degree at Kansas State University.
Click here for the main article, Befriending Tenacious Thyme.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE