• 2 apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Core apples and cut each into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add apple rings and cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add thyme, cover and cook over low heat 3 minutes, or until apples are soft. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Caleb Melchior grows unusual herbs and perennials at Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is also studying for a Master of Landscape Architecture degree at Kansas State University.
Click here for the main article, Befriending Tenacious Thyme.