Serves 6 to 8
This combination is not overly sweet. My favorite dipper is cubes of sourdough walnut bread.
• 1/4 cup packed peppermint leaves, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
• 1 to 2 tablespoons cognac, dark rum, or water
1. Dippers: cubes of angel food or pound cake, banana or apple slices, whole strawberries, Bing cherries, kiwi fruit or pineapple chunks, marshmallows, graham crackers, and/or thin salted pretzels
2. Bring the mint and cream just to a simmer, then steep, uncovered, off heat for 30 to 60 minutes. Strain the cream and set aside.
3. Break or chop the chocolate into 1-inch chunks. Heat it with 3/4 cup of the cream until melted, stirring occasionally; do not simmer. Thin with additional cream if necessary.
4. Stir in the cognac, rum, or water and heat for a minute or two longer. Transfer to a fondue pot with a burner just large enough to keep the fondue warm but not bubbling.
Click here for the original article, Take a Dip!
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE