• 3 or 4 fresh sage leaves or 2 crumbled dried leaves
• 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon roasted and ground cumin seed
• 1 or 2 fresh chopped chiles or 1 dried chile, crumbled (optional)
• 1/2 cup Basic Marinade
1. Stir the herbs and cumin into the marinade.
2. You may substitute 6 4-inch sprigs of thyme or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried leaves for the sage.
Susan Belsinger, a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion, treats her family to grilled vegetables all summer long. She is the author, with Thomas DeBaggio, of Basil: An Herb Lover’s Guide (1996) and several other books from Interweave Press.
Click here for the original article, Vegetables on the Grill.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE