• 3 or 4 fresh sage leaves or 2 crumbled dried leaves
• 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon roasted and ground cumin seed
• 1 or 2 fresh chopped chiles or 1 dried chile, crumbled (optional)
• 1/2 cup Basic Marinade
1. Stir the herbs and cumin into the marinade.
2. You may substitute 6 4-inch sprigs of thyme or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried leaves for the sage.
Susan Belsinger, a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion, treats her family to grilled vegetables all summer long. She is the author, with Thomas DeBaggio, of Basil: An Herb Lover’s Guide (1996) and several other books from Interweave Press.
Click here for the original article, Vegetables on the Grill.