Use this spicy, slightly sweet northern Indian spice blend in pilafs, in lentil soup, or dusted on chicken just before serving.
Makes 1/3 cup
This blend is far more flavorful than commercial curry powders.
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 tablespoon fenugreek seed
• 1 tablespoon coriander seed
• 1 tablespoon cumin seed
• 1 teaspoon ajwain or celery seed
• 1-inch piece dried ginger
• 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1. Grind all the ingredients together.
Click here for the original article, Small World, Big Taste.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE