Serves 4 to 6
• 1 shallot
• 10 cherry tomatoes (a mixture of red, yellow, and orange is especially appealing)
• 2 tablespoons capers
• 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
• 1 pound linguine
• 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto (recipe follows)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, mince the shallot and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Toss them with the capers and walnuts in a large serving bowl.
2. Boil the linguine until al dente (read package label for suggested cooking time but start checking for doneness before time is up). Drain the pasta, transfer to the bowl, and top with Arugula Pesto. Toss again; add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.
Arugula PestoMakes 2/3 cup
• 3 cups arugula, washed and dried
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the arugula, lemon, oil, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Click here for the original article, Small World, Big Taste.