Try this delicious muffin recipe for brunch.
Makes 12 muffins
The rose hips add pretty pink speckles to these moist, fruity, wheat- and dairy-free muffins, which are delicious for brunch served with scrambled eggs or an omelet.
• 1/2 cup cut-and-sifted rose hips, pits removed
• 2 cups oat flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger or cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon stevia extract powder
• 1/4 cup unsulfured raisins
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup FruitSource syrup, honey, sorghum, maple syrup, or fruit juice concentrate
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons melted coconut butter or sesame, hazelnut, or almond oil
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1 large apple
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil the muffin tins. Sift the oat flour, baking powder, spices, salt, and stevia into a 2-quart bowl. Stir in the rose hips and raisins. Stir with a fork. Blend the water, syrup or honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Quickly blend into the dry ingredients. Halve, core, and grate the apple; fold it into the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until the batter pulls away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the tins, then run a knife around the edges to loosen.
2) Muffins may be frozen in a plastic bag. Reheat them in a moderate oven, loosely covered with foil, or steam them briefly in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE