Refreshing with a hint of citrus, this healthy punch combines the flavors of ginger, orange and green tea for a bubbly drink that is rich in antioxidants.
• 4 cups hot water
• 4 green tea bags or 2 tablespoons bulk green tea
• 1-inch piece gingerroot, peeled and crushed
• 8 cups orange juice
• 1 liter bottle ginger ale or ginger beer
• Fresh orange and pineapple slices, for garnish
1. In a large container, steep hot water, green tea and crushed ginger for 10 minutes, then strain.
2. Add orange juice. Refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour. Transfer to a punch bowl. Add ginger ale or ginger beer just before serving.
3. Garnish with slices of orange or pineapple.
Katherine Huether is a freelance writer and herbalist. She has a B.A. in English from the University of New Hampshire and a Diploma of Herbal Studies from the Australasian College of Health Sciences. She is also the corresponding editor of All Info About Germany, a website dedicated to German culture and travel ( http://Germany.AllInfoAbout.com )
Click here for the main article, Recipes for Holiday Punch .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE