Dehydrators provide a quick and easy way to dry your favorite herbs.
Spicy Licorice Tea Blend
MAKES 1 CUP
While this recipe contains no licorice, the flavor contained in the following herbs is delightfully strong when they are crushed and combined.
• 2 teaspoons dried anise hyssop leaves, crushed
• 1 teaspoon dried fennel or anise seed, crushed
• 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries, crushed
1. Combine ingredients and place in a glass measuring cup.
2. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Cover cup and steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Strain out herbs and spices.
4. I enjoy this unsweetened, but you may want to add a bit of stevia or honey.
Click here to return to the main article, Preserving Herbs for Winter Use.
Cathy Manus-Gray is an herbal educator and freelance writer who lives, works, and plays at Herban Gardens, an oasis in the city of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE