A light, refreshing finish for a holiday meal.
A light, refreshing finish for a holiday meal—serve before, or in place of, other desserts. Pomegranate juice is sold at most supermarkets. If you wish to juice fresh pomegranates, you will need about eight fruits. You also will need an ice cream or sorbet maker.
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 quart pomegranate juice
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil to reduce liquid to about 1/3 cup, then remove from heat to cool completely.
2. Stir in pomegranate juice. Chill the liquid for about 2 hours in refrigerator.
3. Transfer to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
4. Freeze in a covered container until firm. Serve on a chilled plate or in chilled glasses, garnished with mint sprigs and, if available, pomegranate seeds. Makes 6 to 8 servings
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE