Photography by Povy Kendal Atchison; Food Styling by Pieter Dijkstra
Fennel bulb lends a delicate anise flavor to the greens in this salad. Use as much fresh ginger as your taste dictates. SERVES 4
• 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar or brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 oranges, sectioned
• 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a salad bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, tamari, ginger, sugar and hot pepper flakes. Add spinach, oranges, fennel and red onion and toss to coat.
Author of 12 cookbooks including her latest, Everyday Flexitarian (Whitecap Books, 2011), Pat Crocker is a culinary herbalist and green cook.
Click here for the main article, A Plate Full of Veggies.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE