Makes 3 dozen cookies
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 3/4 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
• 1/4 cup mint jelly
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
• Powdered sugar
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, and egg. Stir in the vanilla. Sift the flour and cocoa together and stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chopped nuts. Chill the dough 30 minutes, or until firm.
2. Roll the dough into balls about 3/4 inch in diameter and place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Make a deep depression in each ball with the end of a wooden spoon handle or a finger (a thumb is really too big).
3. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Stir the jelly and chopped mint together with a fork. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of jelly into the depression in each cookie. Dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Click here for the original article, National Herb Week Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE