• 1/2 cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 shallot, minced, or 1 tablespoon minced onion
• 1 salmon steak, whole (about 1-2 pounds)
1. Combine everything except salmon in mixing bowl.
2. Place salmon in baking dish large enough for the fish to lie flat (I use a 2 gallon plastic oven bag) and pour marinade over. Cover. Let the salmon marinate for at least 2 hours, turning the fish about every 20 minutes.
3. Drain and grill over medium heat until just flaky, turning once (about 7-10 minutes).
Contributing editor Jim Long lives and gardens in the Ozark Mountains.
Click here for the original article, Many Mints: Recipes and Growing Tips for Mint .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE