You’ll find a version of this cooked on bamboo skewers at little roadside food stands in Indonesia. Serve White Grape & Mint Salsa on the side with fresh mint sprigs for garnish.
• 1/4 cup molasses (or 2 tablespoons brown sugar)
• 1/3 cup fresh spearmint leaves, well chopped
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 cup pineapple or apricot juice
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated or minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 6 medium-thickness pork chops
1. In a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag, mix together all ingredients except pork chops.
2. Add pork chops, close bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Coat the grill with a bit of vegetable oil and heat to medium-hot. Remove pork chops from marinade and grill to sear on both sides. Lower heat and continue cooking slowly, turning often until done, about 20 minutes.
Contributing editor Jim Long lives and gardens in the Ozark Mountains.
Click here for the original article, Many Mints: Recipes and Growing Tips for Mint .