Makes 5 dozen
• 4 egg whites
• 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 1 drop green food coloring
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar to a stiff froth. Add the confectioners’ sugar and coloring and whip 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture forms a stiff paste. Fold in the mint.
2. Drop the paste from a spoon, swirling the top, onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until the kisses are completely dry and have small cracks in the top. Cool completely and store, covered, at room temperature.
Find more candy recipes and hints in Make Homemade Candy: 5 Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE