Makes about 21/2 pounds
Chop the fresh herbs just before you mix them in. For variety, substitute other herbs or use chopped apple instead of the pear.
• 1/2 cup sliced green onion, firmly packed
• 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 large pear, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander seed
• 1/4 cup fruity white wine or mild fruit juice
• 4 tablespoons sweet basil
• 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon or mint marigold
• 11/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
1) Wilt the green onion and garlic in the butter, then toss lightly with the turkey and remaining ingredients, and grind the mixture in a meat grinder or food processor.
Click here for the original article, Low-fat and Herb-loaded Sausage.
Madalene Hill and her daughter, Gwen Barclay, have been growing and cooking with herbs for decades. They live in Round Top, Texas.