Makes about 21/2 pounds
The seasonings give this sausage its classic Italian flavor.
• 2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 6 to 8 ounces pork fat, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 4 cloves garlic, mashed
• 2 tablespoons fennel seed, bruised
• 11/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
1) Combine the ingredients and coarsely chop in a food processor, or grind twice in a meat grinder, coarsely first, then with the finer blade. Mix lightly.
Click here for the original article, Low-fat and Herb-loaded Sausage.
Madalene Hill and her daughter, Gwen Barclay, have been growing and cooking with herbs for decades. They live in Round Top, Texas.