Where Herbs and Spices Make a Difference
Try different spice combinations to take this chicken up a notch.
Photo by Snowpea&bokchoi/Courtesy of Flickr
Spiced Chicken Pasta
If you like your pasta with a little kick, this recipe can deliver.
• 1 teaspoon dried sage
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 4 boneless chicken breast halves,pounded thin
• 2 sticks butter
• 1 cup light cream
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 pound linguine
1. Place the herbs, spices, and salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Coat the chicken with the mixture and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of the butter and add the cream and grated cheese. Stir until smooth, set aside, and keep warm.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the second stick of butter. Place the chicken pieces on a heated grill or a broiler pan and drizzle half of the butter over the top. Cook the chicken on the grill or broil in the oven until one side is browned and crisp. Turn it and coat with the remaining butter. Continue cooking until the juices run clear.
4. Cook the linguine according to package directions, then drain it and place it in a heated bowl. Toss with the cream sauce. Slice the chicken into thin strips and serve on top of the pasta.Back to Kitchen Table
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE