This fruit and herb chicken dish is simple to make and has a sweet pineapple tang.
Photo by Emily Carlin/ Coutesy Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/cuttingboard/4838051960/
This recipe was submitted by Karen Langan of Huron, Ohio.
• 4 chicken breasts, halved
• 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
• 1/4 cup dates or prunes
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
• 1 cup white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in an oiled 9-by-12-inch roasting pan.
3. Spread the mustard on the chicken and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
4. Combine the pineapple, apricots, dates or prunes, thyme, and raspberry jam, and distribute the mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 cup wine over the chicken and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Add the remaining wine and bake 20 minutes longer or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE