Serves 8 to 10
This cheesecake tastes especially good with a raspberry sauce.
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 6 gingersnaps
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Crumb the cookies and crackers in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Mix in the syrup.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 14 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup minced lemon balm leaves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
1. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor and pour into the baked crust.
2. Bake for 1 hour at 350°F. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes at 300°F or until the cheesecake is firm.
3. Chill for several hours and garnish with sprigs of lemon balm or edible flowers.
Courtesy: Tracy Perkins, Lafayette, California
Click here for the original article, Kitchen Table: Recipes for Chicken with Goat Cheese, Wild Greens Quiche, Garden Pasta and Lemon Balm Cheesecake.