Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Here’s a tasty, colorful salsa to serve with tortilla chips and Mexican beer. The yellow cubanella peppers are also called Hungarian or banana peppers.
• 2 jalapeño peppers
• 2 cubanella peppers
• 1 small sweet green pepper
• 1 small sweet red pepper
• 1 tablespoon crushed or chopped garlic
• 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
• 1 medium tomato (not too firm)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons each cumin seed and fresh oregano, basil, and cilantro
• Pinch of salt
1. Stem, seed, and quarter the peppers, wearing gloves to avoid the burn of the jalapeños. Place them in a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, onion, tomato, herbs, and salt.
2. Chop and blend the ingredients in short bursts. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate.
Brian J. Hickey, North Canton, Ohio
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE