Makes 1 loaf
This bread starts with frozen dough, a time-saver for the busy cook.
• 1 loaf frozen white bread dough
• 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, slightly cooled
• 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, or 1/8 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1. Thaw the dough and slice it into twelve pieces. Stir the garlic into the butter or margarine. In a separate bowl, mix together the cheese and herbs. Dip each slice of bread dough into the garlic butter, then into the herb-cheese mixture. Place the slices side by side in a 12-cup bundt pan. Cover and let rise about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
2. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from the pan and serve warm.
—Laurel Keser, Lindenwold, New Jersey
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE