This spread is a tasty and nutritious party dip,sandwich condiment or side dish with pita.
Ann Bliss Pilcher, Jamesville, New York
This spread is always a hit when served as an hors d’oeuvre at parties.
•1 fifteen-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir, mashing the chickpeas well with a fork or other utensil. 2. Add a little more oil or some water if the mixture is dry. 3. Serve chilled or at room temperature with crackers, tortilla chips, slices of French bread, or bruschetta.
Do you have a favorite previously unpublished recipe to share? Send it to “Kitchen Table”, c/o The Herb Companion, 201 East Fourth Street, Loveland, CO 80537-5655; fax (970) 669-6117; or e-mail HC@iwp.ccmail.compuserve.com. If we publish your recipe, you’ll receive a $50 check from The Herb Companion.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE