Kalamata olives are large, black, pungent Greek olives often found in specialty food stores. If you can’t locate them, any strongly flavored black olive will do. The finished product is a piquant, delicious butter.
• 1/2 pound unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (or more, to taste)
• 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
• 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
• 1 sprig hyssop or thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
• 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
Blend the butter, mustard, and garlic until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Add olives, hyssop, rosemary, and fennel seed, and blend to desired texture.
To read more recipes from Herbs in Butter, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE