This light, sweet dressing’s base is calcium-fortified orange juice. Dark, leafy greens are nutrient-rich and also contain vitamin K. Also use this dressing to dress up any salad, including the Emerald Herb Tossed Salad or the Herb-Feta Chopped Salad.
• 1⁄4 cup tangerine juice, preferably freshly squeezed
• 3⁄4 cup calcium-fortified orange juice
• 1⁄2 cup olive or canola oil
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
• 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
• Ground white pepper, to taste (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Chill and use within a week.
2. Carefully wash and de-rib one bundle of sturdy greens, such as mustard, collards, turnips or kale.
3. Sauté greens in a nonstick skillet with 2 to 4 tablespoons of dressing. Add more canola oil as needed. Serve warm immediately.
A healthy-living writer and photographer, Letitia L. Star has written more than 1,000 published articles, including many features on healthy eating and gardening.
Click here for the main article, How to Get Stronger Bones with Herbal Foods.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE