Snack better with this Honey Roasted Peanuts recipe—free of preservatives but full of freshness!
Making your own honey roasted peanuts is a great way to enjoy a healthier version of this popular snack.
Photo By sytnik/Courtesy Fotolia
Homemade snacking nuts are preservative-free and incredibly fresh-tasting.
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 pound shelled raw peanuts, skins optional
1 to 2 tablespoons granulated raw sugar
1. Grease a baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat honey, butter, vanilla and 1 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat, until melted.
3. Stir in peanuts, then pour them out into a single layer in the baking dish.
4. Roast peanuts for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden, shaking the pan a few times to stir the nuts. Remove from oven, stir to break up clumps, and let cool slightly.
5. Sprinkle on remaining salt and sugar and toss to coat, then serve warm.
For more healthy snack recipes, read the original article, “Healthy Snacking: How to Unjunk Your Junk Food.”
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE