Makes about 3/4 cup
This delicious spread contains no fat and is higher in calcium than cream cheese. Many of my friends prefer it to sour cream for topping eggs or breakfast potatoes.
• 6 ounces plain nonfat yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives, washed and patted dry
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil, washed and patted dry
1. Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a clean dish towel.
2. Place the strainer over a bowl.
3. Fold the sides of the towel over the yogurt and cover with a salad plate.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight; then scrape the yogurt into a serving bowl and stir in the salt, chives, and chervil. Serve with bagels or whole-grain toast.
Click here for the original article, Herbs for Breakfast.
Debbie Whittaker is a Denver, Colorado, food writer and recipe developer.