Experiment with different herbs and jams to find your favorite combinations.
• 1 pink grapefruit
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon balm, rinsed, chopped, and patted dry
• 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
• 2 teaspoons pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Wash and halve the grapefruit and remove the seeds. Cut a slit about an inch deep around each half, separating the fruit from the white pith without piercing the rind.
3. In a small bowl, mix the lemon balm and jam. Spread evenly on the grapefruit halves. Place the halves in a baking dish or pan and bake on the top shelf for 20 minutes.
4. Top the grapefruit with the pine nuts and broil until the nuts are lightly toasted. Serve hot.
Click here for the original article, Herbs for Breakfast.
Debbie Whittaker is a Denver, Colorado, food writer and recipe developer.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE