Bitter greens such as dandelion provide a variety of benefits to women with PMS, notably a diuretic action that relieves bloating. Many also contain calcium, which protects against osteoporosis.
• About 5 leaves each arugula, organic dandelion (picked before flowering), parsley, mint, and sweet violet (if available)
• 2 cups mixed baby lettuce
• 1 teaspoon cold-pressed olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
• Pepper to taste
1. Pat the herbal leaves and lettuce dry, then toss them with the oil.
2. Add the lemon juice and toss again.
3. Season with pepper and serve alone or as a bed for the Quick Salmon Salad.
Click here for the original article, Herbs for Balance: PMS Relief.
Debbie Whittaker is a frequent contributor to Herbs for Health. She demonstrates her healthy cooking style as the “Herb Gourmet” in Denver, Colorado.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE